Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Katy Caroline Designs

I mentioned earlier this week that my parents celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary. Since this was a big one, my brother and I knew we'd have to try a little harder than sending a card. But, what do we get them? We knew we wanted it to be special - something they could keep forever.

My parents love art and have collected some really nice pieces over the years. Just last Christmas, my parents gave us a very cool painting of Miss Bailey dog that we love by the very talented Nags Head artist, Katy Caroline. Her work can be seen at Art Space in OBX (remember the cute tables I bought?). We knew that Katy did commissions so we decided to have her paint our family church (St. Michael's Episcopal) in Raleigh, NC. The church is very special for my family - my brother and I grew up here, I got married here and my mother works here. Score! We were sure Sooze would cry when she opened the gift (and she did).

Katy did a great job and I can't wait to see it in person. Here's the photo we gave her:

And here's the painting:

We love it! If you're interested in commissions, visit Katy's site to learn more about the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment