Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Food Trucks and Such

Happy July y'all! The summer is flying by. Hope everyone had a great July fourth weekend. The Husband, Miss Bailey and I traveled across the bridge to Morristown to get some R&R with Uncle Jim and Aunt Liz. We spent a lot of time by this...

and ate lots of yummy food like that...

As always it was great to get away from the city for a bit and feel the grass under our feet. Bailey reminded us that she is in fact a country dog and ran until she couldn't.

Yesterday I watched a new show on the Cooking Channel called Eat Street. I love the idea of food trucks - quick and inexpensive food that's unique. I've yet to find a great one in NYC (mainly because they haven't come close to my whereabouts). One of my favorites though is this one.

After doing some digging, we found that many food trucks park themselves outside what used to be known as Tavern on the Green on the Upper West Side of Central Park. In fact, one even serves alcohol. Who'd a thought? Most of the food truck locations can be found via Twitter. Check out this article on where to find the best food trucks in NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment