Monday, June 27, 2011

I think we should be friends...Tim

My how quickly the summer is going. That always seems to happen though. I'm eagerly awaiting some sun, sand and R&R down in Nags Heads in July. It will be here before we know it and for that I'm very grateful.

Now, back to the post. When we first moved to the Upper West Side, I remember seeing Tim Gunn walk across Broadway with a grocery bag of odds and ends, including paper towels. My first thought was, "Tim Gunn! He shops just like us." My second thought was, "Oh crap, what am I wearing?" If you don't know who Tim Gunn is (which, I guess if you don't get Bravo or now, Lifetime then maybe I can understand) then you would want to know why I would worry about my outfit. See, Mr. Gunn is a fashion consultant/guru, most well known for being on Project Runway.

Tim Gunn is my neighbor too. It has become a joke with The Husband and myself, who can see him more? So far I'm winning. He lives in the building right beside us and I probably see him at least twice a week as I walk Miss Bailey. Of course, it's usually in the mornings when I'm wearing my pajamas outside (yes, I know. I wore my pajamas outside.). I was mortified as I walked past him. They weren't even cute pajamas but an old Elon tee-shirt and bright Carolina blue shorts. Ick.

A few weeks ago I saw him (again, walking Bailey) but I was prepared with a more appropriate outfit. This time, I got a little smile. Score.

Just last week, The Husband and I were talking and I mentioned that I hadn't seen my friend, Mr. Gunn in the mornings, per usual. That afternoon, I stepped on the 2 train and lo and behold, there he was. I quickly looked down at my outfit and noticed that it was not my best, but still not pajamas, so I was okay.

I think we should be friends. Maybe one of these days I'll get the nerve to say hello and maybe ask for a picture. Of course, only if I'm wearing a good outfit.

Image from Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment