Friday, June 7, 2013

Amagansett, Montauk, Heaven...

Have y'all heard the term hampsters? You know, when Hipsters meet the Hamptons? I hadn't either until last weekend while spending the weekend in Amagansett. You should read this and it will explain ohhhhh so much. 

It's that time of the year when the lucky few jump on the Jitney or the Cannon Ball and head east on Friday afternoons. We have been so fortunate to be able to crash our friend's in-laws' (The Overby's) beautiful home in Amagansett.You can read about our last trip here. As I said before, I could definitely summer here.
Friday night was spent chatting around the dinner table with The Overbys, talking about jobs, summer shares and even politics. On Saturday we walked into town to the Farmer's Market and ate the best bacon, egg & cheese sandwich I've ever had. Why is it that everything is always better out there? And, of course I ran into Eastern NCers who had to stop and say hello since I was wearing my favorite NC shirt. Southerners are everywhere people. Everywhere.
Saturday night we drove out to Navy Beach and watched the sunset, surrounded by all the beautiful people who looked like they just stepped out of a J. Crew catalog. I had my first Mojito of the season, so it's officially summer in my mind. Then, we ate the most delicious calamari salad at Harvest in Montauk. Y'all have to go. It was THE BEST.
It was a weekend filled with lounging by the pool, walking on the windy beach and daydreaming about buying houses at the beach.
And just like last year, we brainstormed business ventures in the hot tub (haven't quite hit the million dollar idea yet) and of course I got to use their outdoor shower. [note: I will have one of these in my home oneday].

On Sunday, we drove to East Hampton for ice cream and jumped back on the train to the city. And, because who doesn't think Penn Station is worthy of a photo, here's one we took, despite the fact that we live here and pass through Penn on a weekly basis. Next time, more photos on the beach ladies!

Doesn't quite capture the beauty of the weekend, does it?
Thank you Overbys for another great weekend in Amagansett!!

No comments:

Post a Comment