Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Into the Woods

And just like that, it's August, y'all. This summer has flown by.

Last week, "Into The Woods" started its month-long run at the Shakespeare Theatre in Central Park. Tickets are FREE, but very hard to get. I'm trying to snag a couple because 1. like I mentioned, it's free 2. Amy Adams is in it and 3. I've never been. Check out their site for more info. Have y'all been?

On Sunday, I walked down to Columbus Ave. Farmer's Market and bought some tasty Jersey tomatoes.That's not an oxymoron. Jersey tomatoes are goooood.

And, as I mentioned in my summer bucket list here, I decided to make a tomato pie. Nothing more summer or Southern than a tomato pie. It may not look pretty but it tasted pretty. It was also easy to make, which is something that I require when cooking. Here's the recipe that I used. Note, I did not make my own crust. Who has the time for that?

Speaking of Southern and food, I'm quite sick of all this Chick-fil-a talk. I support gay marriage AND when I'm back home, I like to eat Chick-fil-a sandwiches with waffle fries, coleslaw and a sweet tea. Let's just end this discussion (no matter what side you are on) and focus on cheering on team USA in the Olympics. Sound good? Yes, I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment