Thursday, November 17, 2011

Carolina on my Wall

Our latest collection obsession is maps. I'm not quite sure why as I've always hated reading maps and would rather someone just tell me where to go. But, they do make for great art!

Our hallway includes an Outer Banks sailing map (love OBX), a Bermuda map (The Husband's Brother lived here) and a US map from an old history book that's almost 75 years old (or so they told me). We're still trying to find an antique NYC map and then I'll snap photos of our map wall.

I was on Facebook the other day and saw that someone just bought this piece from an artist on Etsy.

By the way, I LOVE Etsy. They have some really unique things on there and I love the fact that everything is handmade.

If you look closely, every county name is included in the map. I also bought the Virginia one for The Husband and hung them both over the sofa in the living room along with some family photos.

You can find them - and many other maps - on CAPow Etsy site. Love having some Carolina on my New York city wall. (don't mind the iPhone photos).





No comments:

Post a Comment