Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Brotherly Love

Let me just say that I cannot believe that it's already the second week in November. I feel like I was just talking about the beach and now we are gearing up for Thanksgiving.

Anyway, last weekend was filled with family visits. My mum-in-law and The Husband's grandmother came up from VA. Though I forgot to snap photos, it was so nice to show them our new place and catch up with aunts and cousins too. The girls went a fantastic play that I highly recommend - Love, Loss and What I Wore. It's been playing for awhile now but I think it might be ending soon so you must go see it! It's a perfect Saturday afternoon thing to do with your friends, moms and sisters.

But, jump back to Friday night when I got the most pleasant surprise - my brother, Graham. For the past month, G had been talking with The Husband to coordinate the visit. After our regular Friday night dinner at Deans (that reminds me, I need to blog about Dean's), we came home to relax and have a quiet night. Before getting into the elevator to go up, The Husband said, "Meredith, do you know this guy?" I actually just ignored him thinking it was a dumb joke (he tends to do this) but then stepped around to see my younger brother. YAY! I couldn't quite understand what was going on and just said, "I don't get it!" ha.

My brother and I are very close and he is one of the best people I know. To have him visit was such a treat. He also surprised a friend who ran the marathon on Sunday. That brother, he's a good guy.





By the way, if you haven't ever watched the NYC Marathon, you must put it on your list of things to do. It's one of my favorite days in the city. Everyone is so positive, cheering the runners on and well, very un-New Yorker like:)

Great weekend for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment