Friday, April 1, 2011

Pot-y Training

Happy April Fool's y'all! I'm not big on practical jokes or surprises so that's about all the April Fool's talk you're going to get from me. I love April though, it's one of my favorite months. I got married in April (almost two years ago, whoa!) and we got our first pup in April. This month also promises spring and because of that, here is a spring post. Forget that it's snowing outside as I type this (I'm not April fooling you, it's freezing here).

I mentioned awhile back that I wanted to try a windowsill garden this spring. I don't have a green thumb - the orchid that The Husband proudly gave me for Valentine's is very dead but I don't have the heart to throw it out just yet.

This past weekend, I finally decided to plant the seedlings I bought at Gracious Home and snapped some photos of how it looks. Now, this isn't anything exciting but I thought I'd share anyway. I bought Thyme and Rosemary. I don't even know what you do with either but my mom said I should get some so I did. HA!


I also bought seeds in a bag (mint) so I can make mojitos this spring. Why not? The bag seemed easy so I thought I'd test it compared to pots.



I checked this morning and no sprouting just yet, hopefully soon though! You can also see the basil plant my parents gave me two years ago, which is still (for the most part) alive and well.





And for good measure, here's what Miss Bailey did as I planted. She has a hard life!

1 comment:

  1. The Husband will use thyme and rosemary when he cooks for you!

    Put your orchid in your bathroom. They like the moisture. I have one in rehab too. Ahhh -- life with a brown thumb!

    ReplyDelete