Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Windowsill Gardening

Most New Yorkers don't have yards, let alone terraces where we can plant pretty flowers, herbs and vegetables to grow. I've never had a green thumb, but I can say that I have kept alive the basil plant my parents gave me almost two summers ago. Not really sure how I did that, but that's not important, right?

We're fortunate enough to have a very cool roof (I need to post pictures), but we share it with the other tenants in our building so I doubt they would appreciate my random plants scattered about as it would probably mess with our building's decor.

So this spring, I really want to plant potted herbs and flowers on my windowsill. Our apartment faces east so we do get good light, especially in the morning and we have deep window ledges so I can probably fit a few small pots on each ledge. Now...what to grow...

Here's an interesting article from The Daily Green on how to start a garden in any amount of space.

Have any of y'all had luck with windowsill gardening?




Images from TheDailyGreen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment