Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jacob's Pickles

Recently I had a blog reader reach out to me. They just moved from the south and were looking for a place to eat/drink that felt a little more like home. It's hard to find said places here in NYC but I gave him a list of spots that to me, are a little more Southern - in cuisine and atmosphere. I also mentioned one of my favorite Upper West Side hotspots - Jacob's Pickles. Have y'all been here?
Located right around 86th and Amsterdam, it's the perfect place to find a cool cocktail like the "Porch Sipper" or anything fried like the fried chicken sandwich - yum. If pickled food is more your thing then you've come to the right place. They have pickled beets, eggs, carrots, tomatoes, etc. My personal fave - deviled eggs.
With the recent weather change (hello summer!) they've opened up their big windows, which makes sitting at the bartop tables the perfect place for people watching. If you can,try to make a reservation ahead of time because it gets packed for brunch and dinner. 

Check out the full menu here. Hope to see y'all there!

Images from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment