Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Snow Days

We must have been getting too comfortable with warmer winters because this one has been a doozy. I don't remember it being this cold in a long long time and I have lived here for seven winters (wow - I can't believe I just type seven years!)

Anyway, NEMO came to play last weekend and dumped beaucoups of snow on Manhattan and the NE. The city tends to freak out (like most cities) at the talk of snow. Not quite as much as Southerners do, but a lot. Our offices closed early Friday so that meant snow party!! The snow fell slowly at first and then picked up fast.
The girls (Marisa, Blake and I) sipped on champagne and played board games - much like we did at our Hurricane Sandy party. We ended the night with an impromptu dance party and then Bailey and I played in the snow until 1:30 a.m. There's nothing like being outside at night when the snow hushes the noisy city.
The next day we met Bailey's favorite two people (Blake and Alec) in Central Park. I love that snow brings out the smiles in New Yorkers. Well, fresh white snow brings out the smiles...

The park was beautiful and filled with sledders, cross-country skiers, tubers and snowball throwers. Also, I'm convinced that snow is like a drug for dogs. I practically had to drag Miss B out of the park after two hours of running that afternoon and she was begging to go back on Sunday. 





































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment