Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Art Therapy

The other day, the psychic told me this year would be a year of change. Yes, you read that right.  A year of change. Oh wait, you mean psychic? Yes, I went to see a psychic while on a bachelorette trip in New Orleans last weekend - but more on that in another post.

I haven't written much on the blog in awhile. As my girlfriends exclaimed, "Meredith, you have not updated Southern in the City in foreveraaa." Yes. I know girls. If you do blog, you know that sometimes it can seem like a chore updating and maintaining. I have a theory that blogs are coming to an end anyway. With Pinterest and Instagram - people want to read less and see more.

Nevertheless, I'm going to continue writing and sharing here, at least for a little bit. Oh, and that "change" theory. Well, it happened again at work today. I'm never a receptor of change (especially unexpected) and though I won't get into the details here (or shouldn't) things are going to be different. Again.

The other night I finished watching Downton Abbey. (Sidenote; poor Edith). Afterwards, I found my apartment quiet and still and decided to turn off the TV and pull out a box of paint, brushes and small canvas that I ordered a few months back. I sat at the kitchen table, found an image on Pinterest that I've been admiring for awhile and started sketching. After half an hour, I dipped my paintbrush and began painting.


I put on music and got lost in my piece. As cliche as that sounds, I found it therapeutic and calming. Knowing this week would be rough, having my mind on one thing only kept me focused. I think he's cute. Maybe I'll get another canvas this weekend and see what else I can come up with.

Oh and about that psychic...more on her and the trip later...




1 comment:

  1. I don't think people will ever stop wanting to read stories, particularly ones that resonate as universal. I guess that's the old folk in me! But I love your painting. And that you found time to do something just for you.

    ReplyDelete