Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Year of the Weddings

Between all my friends, 2012 has been the year of weddings and celebrations and this past weekend, we celebrated the last one of the year with Allie and Bradley in Charlotte, NC. I've know A&B since before they were A&B. Like many couples I've described before, they are like a sock and shoe - just go so well together. I love them so.

I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have the most amazing friends. I know that everyone says they have the best friends - but I really do. When I'm around them, I feel whole and have been so fortunate to spend so much of my year with them.

We spent the weekend dancing, talking, toasting, crying, laughing, smiling and rejoicing. The one thing I hate about weddings weekends is the fact that they go by so quickly. I didn't take as many photos this time, but here are a few favorites. Rehearsal dinner was at Duke Mansion. It was a gorgeous setting, so pretty in fact that Homeland was filming at the same time!



We gave toasts...

and played games...

And acted silly...

Allie looked absolutely beautiful and was one of the calmest brides I've seen. She didn't tell us what her dress looked like until the wedding day and revealed it to us right before she walked down the aisle. Here it is on camera:


And then they were married...

And we celebrated...

Hard! My parents came to the wedding and said they couldn't keep up with the "young" kids.


Come Sunday, all we could do was this

Here's to another great wedding and marriage celebration! Lo, you're up!

1 comment:

  1. you didn't mention that the rents were there and piled everyone in the car for a bar crawl. are we cool or what?

    ReplyDelete