Monday, March 26, 2012

Pinterest Recipes

Hi y'all! Happy Monday. It's very windy here in the city today. Guess that's the end of March for ya. Did you all have good weekends? We had fun with friends visiting and like most other people, we went to see The Hunger Games yesterday and it did not disappoint. Though some parts of the book were cut out, it was pretty accurate. I'm still amazed by all the young movie viewers. I don't think I would have been able to handle it when I was 6 or 7 and there were definitely kids that young there.

Last night before Mad Men (ohmygoshdidyousee?) I decided to test out a new Pinterest recipe. I love pasta and am always looking for new ways to spice it up. Since I hadn't roasted peppers before (crazy I know), I thought this would be fun to try.

The recipe is from the blog, Lauren's Latest, and it was quite easy to follow, even for a beginner cook like me. Her recipe photos were what really got me excited and the final dish tasted just as good.

You can find the full recipe here and below. I didn't use the immersion blender - mine lives in NC with Sooze - so it was more chunky. I may also try with chicken next time.

Roasted Red Pepper & Goat Cheese Alfredo

Ingredients:
2 whole red bell peppers
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup fat free half & half
4 oz. garlic & herb goat cheese
2/3 cup grated Parmesa cheese
1/2 cup artichoke hearts (optional)
1/2 lb. linguine, cooked to al dente
salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place red peppers on baking sheet and bake 20-30 minutes until peppers are charred. Remove from oven and cover with foil 10 minutes.
In the mean time, saute onions and garlic in olive oil 7 minutes or until tender. Pour in half & half, goat cheese, salt & pepper. Stir to melt goat cheese into sauce and keep warm over low heat.
Uncover peppers, peel off skin and remove stem and seeds. Chop into large pieces and place into sauce along with Parmesan cheese. Stir to melt cheese and remove from heat. Pour sauce into food processor and puree, or use an immersion blender. Place back into hot pan and toss with cooked pasta. Taste and adjust seasonings. Top with more Parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and parsley, if desired.












All images from Lauren's Latest blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment