Friday, January 20, 2012

Father of the Bride - The house

Growing up my favorite movie was "Father of the Bride." I think I've watched it so many times that I could quote every line. "Dad, I met a man in Rome. And he's wonderful and brilliant, and we're getting marriedddd."

I loved the story. The Characters. The house. I loved that house. Do you remember it? As George Banks said, "This house is cool in the summer, warm in the winter and looks spectacular in Christmas lights"

My sister-in-law gave me a subscription to the new HGTV magazine. This magazine is fantastic. I don't remember the last time I read a magazine cover to cover and actually wanted to read all the articles. I typically just thumb through and read what I want but this magazine had me at every page. And no, they aren't paying me to say that.

In the newest issue they interviewed the family who currently calls the "Father of the Bride" house home. Ahh, so jealous. I wish I could link to the article but it's only in print so you'll just have to go and get it. In the article, the wife commented that they feel the pressure to keep the outside of the house in perfect condition since many fans stop by and take photos. Someone actually proposed in front of the white picket fence.

After the couple bought the house a few years back, they decided it was fate and got married in the back yard - just like the movie. Can you imagine being a guest at their wedding?

Happy Friday to all. What are your plans? We are headed to the mountains for some skiing and to celebrate The Husband's 30th! Pictures to come on Monday.

Images from Google.

1 comment:

  1. I might have to go and get this issue....hope you and James are doing well! xoxo

    ReplyDelete