Thursday, January 12, 2012

Emerald Nut Run - NYE

Just over a month ago, I mentioned that The Husband and I (more me than him) were going to attempt to run the Emerald Nut Run on New Year's Eve in Central Park. I started training a couple times a week because as many of y'all know, I'm NOT a runner. I even got a swanky new running outfit as to encourage me to get outside and move my legs.

Well, I'm proud to report that I actually did the race and I ran the whole way! All 4 miles. It was awesome.

Not awesome in the sense that I had an epiphany and now run everyday - I do not. But, awesome because the race was at midnight, we got to see fireworks and the ball drop, it was nearly 50 degrees outside and I ran with 10,000 of my closest NYC friends. It was one of those New York moments that makes me fall in love with the city again.

The run was also awesome because I got to dress up. Yes, most people wear something fun to run in. We saw guys in speedos, the Star Wars gang, girls with tutu's and even a couple who dressed up like Prince William and Kate Middleton.

The day of the race I visited the local thrift store and found this little number

I was set.

The Husband also participated in the fun and wore a dress shirt and bow-tie. Cute, eh?

We ran and ran with people cheering and laughing and just having a good time.





If you are in the city over NYE and don't want to go to time square or pay to go to a crowded party, I highly recommend the run. We even popped some bubbly afterwards for our walk home...

Have any of y'all tried it before? I definitely want to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment