Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sooze, Shows, Highline, Met and Food

This past weekend my mom (Sooze) visited us for a few days. We had a great time hopping around town to this and that. Like most visits from friends and family, we ate a lot and enjoy each others conversations.

On Friday, we were mesmerized by War Horse at Lincoln Center. After just a few moments, you forget that the horse is a puppet; I haven't seen anything like it before. Saturday night we tap-danced to Anything Goes, but alas! The lead, Sutton Foster was not there. I guess everyone deserves a vacation, but come on! Why not take it after we went!? We watched alongside my Godmother AB and her two daughters CG and Em. I have great memories of going to musicals with my Godmother growing up so it was fun to see them again for these two shows.

On Saturday afternoon we traveled down to the High Line. If you haven't been, you must go. They recently opened a new section with Food Trucks (call the Lot) and an outdoor skating rink (great for people watching). This is a perfect spot for some afternoon beers with friends. In fact,we met my good friend from college (MKT) who was up visiting from New Orleans. She loves sweets almost (if not more) than me so I had to snap a picture of her eating this ice cream cookie with edible paper.

I also have to include a picture of Sooze with her taped broken sunglasses. She wore these around town all weekend - the queen of fashion:)

For those of you who haven't gone to see the Alexander McQueen exhibit let me tell you this: don't go. We tried to get in on Saturday but the wait too long, or so we thought. On Sunday we woke up extra early and stood in line 30 minutes prior to the Met opening and the line looked like this (look closely it's wrapped around the block:

Once inside, we waited for and additional 2 hours and though we had lots to chat about, it got old real quick. The exhibit itself was packed with hundreds of visitors to the point that you could not see half of the collection or appreciate the art that McQueen created. We saw a handful of dresses and hats and that is about it. I wish I knew of a good time to tell you to go, but as this article says, thousands have been flocking to see his work.

And, of course, we ate. Great food and good conversations. Thanks, all for a fabulous weekend!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! Those ice cream sandwiches are sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Southern Hostess! Yes, the icecream sandwiches were delicious!

    ReplyDelete