Thursday, August 11, 2011

Moving out...

You think that after five years and four apartments in Manhattan, I would get pretty good at moving. Each time we do it, I say "this is the last!" and then we end up right back where we started - looking for new places to live. The city will do that to you. The Husband and I are moving...again. Our lease is up in 21 days and because they are increasing our rent by almost $500 more, we gotta go. But where? That's the issue we have on our hands at the moment.

The only thing that I have learned in the past 6 months is that you can't plan anything and you have to be patient. I hate that because I'm a planner and I'm very impatient. Whatever is meant to be will be, but that is hard to digest when we have a dog and lots of stuff to move.

I think the hardest part about always moving is I never feel quite settled. I try to make it "home" but it's not really mine, so I'll just wait to "put that there" or "hang this up." I've done little things in each place to make it ours, but in the back of my head I'm always thinking "end of lease."

I know our forever home will come someday (hopefully NOT in NYC) so I'm willing to wait. I guess it's just one of those prices you pay for living here.

Until then, I'll keep daydreaming...










5 comments:

  1. You will find that forever home, to be sure. But one thing I learned, having moved 8 times in almost as many years (after having lived in one house for most of my life), is that it's important to make each place feel like your forever home in small ways, until one day you'll find that somehow you have lived in one place for 24 years. just like magic.
    make the next one feel like forever, but all that's up to you.
    ooxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. not that we want you to live in NYC that long... just make it feel like home as only you know how to do, however temporary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the title of your blog!! :) Those pictures are beautiful and I give you so much credit for moving that much in NYC. My sisters live in NYC and moving is never, ever fun there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can totally relate! Good Luck! So sorry you have to move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kara. I wish those pictures were mine but I got them from Lonny. I love them and hope to recreate the look soon. I love NYC but you're right, moving it never fun.

    ReplyDelete