Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Elon Girls Trip 2010

Like I mentioned in my last post, Southern in the City traveled down south to Athens, Georgia (GO DAWGS!) this past weekend for our annual college girls trip. We always try to get together at least once a year with everyone. So far we've been able to coordinate our busy schedules (and the fact that only two of us live in the same state) for four years in a row. We'd like to keep this tradition going until we're old and grey, and hopefully even long after that. But now they are probably hating me for including the above photo.

We stayed with Megan (remember the Puddins'?) who has a cute home just about 10 minutes from downtown. I thought I had many a monogram in my house, but Meg has them everywhere in every room. Have you ever seen monogram Halloween towels? Seasonal monograms. I love it!
No matter how long we've gone without seeing each other or a phone call to catch up, it's like no time has passed when we get together. We laugh and laugh until our stomachs hurt and I always come back from our weekends feeling full and happy.

So what does one do in Athens on the weekend? Go to the Georgia football game of course. I had never been to Athens but heard many stories from alumni RRC (aka Dad). I always imagine what my dad was like in college (probably a little less Republican like) so it was fun to visit his alma mater and see where he walked when he was in college.
Of course we tailgated with delicious food and drinks. I may have said once or twice on the blog, but I don't cook. I'm learning to (sort of). My friends on the other hand are great cooks. If I could bring one of them home in my purse to cook for us everyday, The Husband would be a happy man.
Of course the best thing about our girls trip is pretending like we are in college again, which we did the whole weekend. I love these girls like family and can't imagine life without them...Ya'll mean everything to me!

1 comment:

  1. what a fun time, terrific friends and great photos!
    love. mom

    ReplyDelete