Thursday, September 2, 2010

U.S. Open...Ended

The U.S. Open ended for Andy Roddick last night. Did ya'll watch? I'm not a huge fan of watching sports on TV, but do enjoy watching tennis this time of year, especially since the U.S. Open is in NYC. The game was close last night, very close, and Andy Roddick should have won but just couldn't get past his mental block. Fun fact: Andy Roddick and his wife were married on the same day, same year as Southern in the City and The Husband. A friend of a friend who knows Andy, picked their wedding over ours. Oh the nerve! ha.
Photo of Andy Roddick from A.P.

If anyone is in the city right now, you should check it out - just a quick subway ride to Flushing. I recommend going during the work day (if you can play hooky) because tickets will be cheaper and the crowds more manageable.

When I first started out as a PR girl in the city, I was fortunate enough to grab an extra U.S. Open ticket from a client who couldn't go. Let me preface this by saying in my first two weeks of working, I thought getting "client perks" was part of the job. This was the ONLY time I benefited, the only. Of course when I called The Husband, (who at the time was The Boyfriend) he thought that he'd also reap the benefits of my new agency job. Just one problem - one ticket. I decided that I didn't want to miss out so I went anyway and glad I did. I was lucky enough to sit in the Heineken box, free food, free booze and did I mention, it was Andre Agassi's last win and last game at the U.S. Open? A tiebreaker that went until 2 a.m. It was awesome.

I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the games this week and weekend, though this time not likely from box seats with free anything. Are any of ya'll going?

No comments:

Post a Comment