Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Good Southern Summer Read

I'm back with a great book recommendation for the summer. It's a perfect and easy read for the beach. Speaking of beaches, Southern in the City is heading down to OBX two weeks from today. I can't even begin to tell ya'll how excited I am to get away, relax and enjoy the sun and sand...but I digress.

When my friends were here a couple of weeks ago, they left a book for me to try - Little Bitty Lies. The author, Mary Kay Andrews, has written a number of novels all set in the south where her characters get into some sort of trouble, though always entertaining and funny. Little Bitty Lies is set in Atlanta and tells the story of how one woman, Mary Bliss McGowan, finds her way through a messy marriage, raising an out of control teenager and discovering an unexpected new love. It's a humorous and easy read that references southern pleasures like beach music and home-made chicken salad. Yum. You should definitely check out Mary Kay's other novels for your summer reading list. I'm headed to the book store today to pick up Savannah Breeze (sounds great for the summer huh?) just in time for my OBX beach trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment