Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green is my Favorite Color

I love the color green. It's fresh, clean and reminds me of the spring time. I love green so much that I even dyed my wedding shoes this color.
In the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, The Husband made me Green Eggs & Ham last night. (I would not eat them with a fox. I would not eat them in a box. I would not eat them here or there. I would not eat them anywhere). Name that book.

Every year, I get so excited to wear green and see everyone with their festive decor. But I don't think NY got the memo, or at least not at my office. I am literally the only person at work wearing something green. Bring out the pinchers, ya'll. I thought this Yankee town was full of Irish blood?

Maybe it's the McCormick name in me that always gets so excited about St. Patty's Day. When I was little, my mom, er the Leprechaun, turned our orange juice and milk green. To me, this was the coolest thing in the world.

I even thought about bringing some green food coloring to work this morning and dripping a few drops in the communal milk and orange juice containers in the kitchen. But, given the lack of green attire and festivity in the office, I'm glad that I didn't do that. I don't want to be known as the girl that made things green.

But, isn't it a great color?

Happy St. Patty's Day!

1 comment:

  1. I've got on my green. What's wrong with people UP THERE?

    ReplyDelete