Monday, December 21, 2009

The First Snow

Like many of ya’ll in the Eastern part of the country, Southern in the City experienced the first real snow of 2009 last Saturday. It was beautiful, it was lovely, it was white - and it’s still here. I walked outside my apartment on Sunday morning and it was like a bad hangover – fun the night before but in the morning the reality set it and it was not pretty. It even gave me a headache. Snow is bright.

What is it about snow that is so calming and beautiful but then the next day so gross? Well, at least in the city it is. I only took a few pictures because my camera just wouldn’t let me take photos of the yellow, brown, half-melted snow come Sunday morn.

Never-the-less, here are some photos for the curious ones: Southern in the City and The Husband are flying South tomorrow (i.e., Scotland Neck, Raleigh and Davidson, N.C.) and couldn’t be more excited.

Wishing ya’ll the merriest of Christmases. Safe travels to everyone and if you’re in the area, come and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment