Thursday, November 5, 2009

Start Spreading the News...

You may want to press play for this one.



I’m a Mets fan myself. Er, scratch that. I’m a carni-food, sweet-tooth loving food-fan who enjoys going to baseball games strictly to see how much junk food I can devour in the span of nine innings. I’m happiest with a foot-long dog and beer in hand…and a slice of pizza and a Shake Shack burger and…the list goes on and on.
In case you didn’t know, the Yankees won the World Series last night. I watched most of the games during the past week, but was more interested in dancing around the apartment as “New York, New York” played at the end of each home-game.

In college, our sorority sang a version of “New York, New York” to potential new-girls during Rush Week. It went a little something like this:

“Start spreading the news. We’re recruiting today. We want you to be a part of it – Sigma, Sigmaaaa.” Ya’ll get the picture. There's just something about this song that makes you want to jump-up and do high kicks like the Radio City Rockette’s. Okay, maybe that’s just me.

In any event, baseball season is now over, which means the end of carni-food for at least four months for me. My stomach is already thanking me. It also means one-less Fantasy sports league for The Husband to participate in. Wahoo! Wait, I guess there is Fantasy basketball…darn.

Yet, despite my lack of interest for the Yankees (sans the food of course), it has been fun to dance around to the music and "be a part of it…in New York, New York."

No comments:

Post a Comment