Monday, December 30, 2013

30 So far...

So far, turning 30 isn't that bad. Everyone keeps telling me how great it is, so I'm going to embrace it (albeit with some trepidation). Maybe they are all lying...

Since I have 10 more blog posts to write between now and the end of my birthday (#30onthe30 Challenge), I thought I'd post a few guest posts. Because there is no way, I'll reach my goal without them. First being from my sweet sister-in-law, Britt.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Happy Birthday! I wanted to write something hopeful and inspiring to you today (we'll see how I do). I remember really hating turning 30 (feeling hopeful yet?). It sure felt like my life was going too fast, but I have something to tell you about that. The 30's were the best years of my life! 
 
Here is a recap of a few of the great things that happened to me:
-went to the BVIs for the second time with a great group of friends
-moved to a beautiful little place called Bermuda
-had two beautiful boys (definitely the very best thing that happened in my 30's)
-getting to tell the Grandparents-to-be (this is truly another highlight)
-gained a sister :)
-celebrated 10 years of marriage to the most amazing man
-went to France and Spain on an amazing trip with my MIL
-moved back to America
-went to on a fun trip to Vegas with my hubby
-bought our first house
 
Those are just the highlights. That list doesn't include so many random and awesome days spent with friends and family. For me, the thirties were when I really started getting comfortable in my own skin. It is a wonderful time! So instead of thinking about how fast time has gone, think about all of the amazing and wonderful things that are yet to come. 

1 comment:

  1. such wonderful advice from your big Sister! The 30s are really when your life begins to take shape, when you begin to define yourself completely. You have so much to look forward to, despite what the card your brother gave you said! I'm so happy God let us bring you into this world. Love, mom

    ReplyDelete