Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sink Skirt Storage

I've always loved home decorating, HGTV and reading interior design magazines. But the funny thing is, when it comes to my own place, the process seems rather daunting to me. Every night after I get back from work I think, "Hey, I'll do this...I'll do that." Then, American Idol (or some other show) steals my attention and I put off hanging a photo or organizing a drawer for the next day...or the next.

We've now been in our new place for two weeks and most of the decorating is done. We haven't had a full weekend in it yet so I'm really looking forward to rolling up the sleeves and finally finishing the unpacking this weekend. The Husband has even promised me a trip to IKEA.

As much as I love our new place, the storage really sucks. I mean sucks. There is hardly any, especially the bathroom. Our pedestal sink makes me laugh. It's so small. Just to give you an idea, the airplane sink I used on my way to San Diego was roughly the same size. It's okay, you can laugh now too.

Therefore, I thought I'd attempt to create a pedestal sink skirt so could hid a few things underneath. Let me preface this by saying that I don't know how to sew. I can barely sew on a button (my Grandmother is probably gasping right now). I just never learned and honestly never really needed to.

So here we go...what does one girl do with no storage, a small sink and no knowledge of how to sew. Easy. Buy iron-on hem tape. So I did, along with some Velcro. And...voila, I made a sink skirt.

So here is the sink before...see it's small:And here is the after:

4 comments:

  1. so cute! that is so funny you did that - i'm working on a no sew/velcro table skirt for a table right now! maybe b needs to hold some sewing lessons for her granddaughters. love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute!! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very clever! I think b does need to give us all sewing lessons

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Can't B just sew stuff for us? :)

    ReplyDelete