Thursday, January 14, 2010

Helping Hands for Haiti

Last night, The Husband and I had a conversation about the earthquake in Haiti and talked about other natural disasters that we’ve heard about on television but haven’t ever experienced first-hand. The only real natural disaster I’ve witnessed was a hurricane that I don’t remember much about, only that we missed school for two weeks and we didn’t have cable TV.

I can’t imagine what its like without a roof over my head, food to eat and hospital care down the street. My biggest “problem” this week was trying to figure out how to juggle office politics and expectations. I stressed out about it for two whole days.

The Red Cross announced that 50,000 are dead in Haiti and even more homeless and I’m quickly reminded how blessed I am. We should all take a minute to put things in perspective.

For those who want to help but aren’t sure how to, below are some links where you can donate, even if it’s just $5:

Text "Haiti" to 90999, and a $10 donation is added to your cell phone bill

http://haitifundinc.org/

http://www.care.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment