Thursday, September 6, 2012

See ya Summer

I have been traveling all over this summer and I'm tired. It's been such a great summer, but I'm ready to stay in one spot for awhile. Too bad that won't happen this fall. I'm very lucky though and thankful that I'm able to visit so many great friends and family. Plus, I'm racking up the miles!

My great friend Lo lives in Chicago but is moving back down South in a few weeks. So we decided last weekend would be a good time to fly out and see her before she and her fiance, Adam move South.

We ate our way through the Windy City and I'm still full. On Friday we took the train out to see Hall & Oates (why do you really think I went to Chicago?!). Lauren, her sister and friends packed an awesome dinner.


I've now been to 5 H&O concerts. Well, maybe 6. That's either embarrassing or awesome. I like to think the latter.

After the concert, we ventured to the local pub for some dancing. My cousin Jay even made an appearance.


The next morning, we ate some more. Of course we did. That's a bacon doughnut. It was delicious.

That afternoon, the four of us headed out to Wrigley Field to watch the Cubs play. I haven't been to a baseball game in forever, but sometimes there is nothing better than a beer and baseball. The Cubs, of course, like the NY Mets did not win, but we still had fun cheering them on.



Thanks for a great trip Lo and Adam! Good luck with the move down SOUTH!

In other news, I have been doing some projects around the apt. Here is a sneak peak that I will share with y'all tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! Jealous you got to go to Chicago. Hope y'all are doing well. =)

    ReplyDelete